I mentioned during my review of the Patio Pant in Bi-Stretch Wool that I had ordered the Tux Stripe version. They finally arrived and I absolutely love them! They will be a great alternative to skirts or dresses for the Holiday events when the weather is colder.
I put tights under my trusty Pilcro Stet Ankle Jeans to be a little warmer during the day. I wanted to wear my Quinn Booties but since it was raining I didn’t want to mess up the suede. I use this spray but I still prefer not to wear my suede boots in wet weather. The Studded Strap Booties are a great pair of booties for wet weather. The sole is rubber so it grips the ground a little better.
In Wendy’s post yesterday, she posed the question “What ouftit would you wear every day?” I know in Winter and Spring, this outfit is probably what I would pick. I would switch out the heeled booties for my Cece’s but this is an outfit I am definitely comfortable in daily.
Husband and I are off to the West Coast soon, San Jose/San Francisco in fact, for a long weekend. Our last “grown-up getaway” was last September to put our toes in the sand in Mexico. I’m pretty excited as I’ve never been to California. Also, a change in scenery means a change in temps so I’ll be able to pack some items I’ve been waiting to wear for chillier weather.
For the Airport days, I’ll be relaxed, as I was for my Vegas trip at the beginning of the month.
1. Factory Clare Cardigan in Cabernet, Drapey Crepe Henley Tunic in Ivory, Cropped Matchstick Jeans, Cece Ballet Flats in Black
2. Drapey Crepe Henley Tunic in Black, Cropped Matchstick Jeans, Cece Flats
2. Merino Pocket Tunic in Garnet, Pixie Pants, Cece Flats
3. Silk Blythe Blouse in Polka Dot, Jackie Cardigan in Dark Charcoal (Old but Factory is offering this color.), Toothpick Jeans in Dolphin Grey, Cece Flats – I’ll also layer my Grey Lexington Blazer over this and carry a scarf if needed. The Toothpick Jeans in Dolphin Grey were a very unexpected love after trying them on in the store. I took my normal Toothpick Jean size of 30.
4. Factory Beaded Sweatshirt in Black, Toothpick Jeans, Cece Flats
As retailers start bringing in Resort and Spring Collections, in the middle of Winter, it’s a good time to take a look in your closet to see what you do have that might be similar. I don’t have my Spring Shopping list put together but I do know of a few items I don’t need (from my favorite retailer) since I do have very similar items to what is now being offered. Take a look and see what I’ve found already in my closet.
The Voile Skirt in Stripe looks very pretty and I like the red and blue/black stripe but I do already have and LOVE the Gimlet Skirt in Coaster Stripe. I am not sure if the few inches of flat panel before the pleats would feel tight across the hips or not. Also, the length on the Voile Skirt is 23 inches, several inches below my knee. I have found I prefer above the knee or all the way maxi for my skirt lengths; I’m not a midi- girl. That still doesn’t stop me from wanting to see it, either IRL or on someone’s blog.
OK, I get a little skeeved out by snakeskin prints. So when I saw this print in the No. 2 Pencil Skirt I knew it would not be making it into my closet. But, there’s no harm trying it on for blog’s sake, right?