Husband and I are off to the West Coast soon, San Jose/San Francisco in fact, for a long weekend. Our last “grown-up getaway” was last September to put our toes in the sand in Mexico. I’m pretty excited as I’ve never been to California. Also, a change in scenery means a change in temps so I’ll be able to pack some items I’ve been waiting to wear for chillier weather.
For the Airport days, I’ll be relaxed, as I was for my Vegas trip at the beginning of the month.
1. Factory Clare Cardigan in Cabernet, Drapey Crepe Henley Tunic in Ivory, Cropped Matchstick Jeans, Cece Ballet Flats in Black
2. Drapey Crepe Henley Tunic in Black, Cropped Matchstick Jeans, Cece Flats
For the full days in San Jose and San Francisco, I’ve decided on a Black/Grey/Cream color story with a touch of Burgundy.
2. Merino Pocket Tunic in Garnet, Pixie Pants, Cece Flats
3. Silk Blythe Blouse in Polka Dot, Jackie Cardigan in Dark Charcoal (Old but Factory is offering this color.), Toothpick Jeans in Dolphin Grey, Cece Flats – I’ll also layer my Grey Lexington Blazer over this and carry a scarf if needed. The Toothpick Jeans in Dolphin Grey were a very unexpected love after trying them on in the store. I took my normal Toothpick Jean size of 30.
4. Factory Beaded Sweatshirt in Black, Toothpick Jeans, Cece Flats
5. Ruffle Collar Sweatshirt in Grey, Cropped Donegal Wool Pant, Cece Flats – I’ll add a necklace to jazz this outfit up for the evening and switch to the Janey Patent Flats in Black.
6. Tippi Sweater
in Light Pewter (Last year’s version…This year has Heather Grey, which I love.), Medallion Tie-Silk Skirt
, Janey Patent Flats – This is a back-up dinner outfit in case I feel like wearing a skirt.
Extras – Lexington Blazer, Michael Kors Jet Set Tote, Michael Kors iPhone Crossbody, Grande Crystal Drops Necklace, Burberry Scarf, Printed Airy Wool Scarf
I do plan to layer long-sleeve tees underneath the sweatshirts and use either the Lexington Blazer or Excursion Vest and a scarf every day. The cross-body will function as my daily bag and the Tote my travel bag.
As usual, I am taking a carry-on so I’ve made sure I can mix-and-match most items and can wear items twice. This also gives me a little room in my bag for bringing home any thing I pick up from shopping. I debated on bringing a heavier coat but Husband has assured me we will not be outside long at night. It would also mean I couldn’t pack it and would have to carry it over my arm on the plane. That would look a bit odd leaving the warmth of Texas. I can always make him buy me a new coat if I get too chilly or cold. 😉
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram,
where I’ll be posting my outfits. I hope to do an outfit round-up from both trips next week.
Have a Great Week!