Here are a few more items I was able to try on from the J Crew Fall roll-out.
See my other two posts here
on some Fall items.
– It’s Viscose not silk and certainly not fitted at waist
as CFS states. Fit well in a size 6 but needs a good belt and necklace to jazz it up some. Pass
Silk Gingham Top – Fits great in a size 6. I was worried it would be tight in the chest but it’s perfect. I originally thought this was Black but it’s Navy. Purchase
Silk Skirt in Beanstalk Stripe – One of my favorite pairings is Navy and Green. This skirt is super cute. I have on a size 6; Great fit, good length (17 1/2 in). Wishlist
Andie Chino with Tuxedo Stripe – Ummm, yeah…so I know lots of people love these but not so much for me. The whole fitted through hip and thigh is not a good look for me. I’ll stick with the Cafe Capri’s. I have on a size 8 and would probably size to a 10 so it’s not so booty-hugging. Love the Tuxedo Stripe. I had the Scout Chino’s like this before but it had no belt loops. I like that the Andie has a wide waistband with belt loops. Pass
You can see the pockets are opened. They would not lay flat which means I would definitely have to size up.
Schoolboy Blazer in Black – Love the black and the “new” length didn’t really seem to affect me too much. I have on a size 8 and it fits just like my Navy Schoolboy that I snagged during the Instant Gratification sale. As Navy goes with more in my closet I’ll keep that and pass on the Black. I sure do love it though.
Jeweled Short-Sleeve Sweatshirt – The jewels around the collar and sleeves certainly jazz up this sweatshirt. I sized down to a Small. MamaBella also bought this in the Athletic Gray. Purchase
Keeper Chambray Shirtdress – I tried this on at the request of my dear friend S. This is apparently selling out as my store didn’t have my normal sizes (6 / 8). This is a 4 and I was surprised at how well it fit in that size and how much I loved it. I would size to a 6 to have a touch more length and room in the arms. Wishlisted
Jeweled Sweater Tee – Another surprise try-on for me. They seemed to have replaced ruffles with be-dazzling. I am wearing a Medium and though it’s a good slouchy fit, I would size down to a Small for a slimmer fit. The whole outfit made me feel dumpy due to the baggy and slouchiness. (Not sure why I am sizing down lately. I am maintaining my current weight but it may be distributing elsewhere.) Wishlisted
Vintage Straight Jeans – I know these aren’t the cropped because the sizing on the inside said 29 Regular. I definitely need to size down in these, as one of my wonderful SAs suggested. I have always loved the fit of the Vintage Straight Jeans. I don’t need a new pair of jeans but I’ve already Wishlisted these.
Scalloped Dress – I tried this on in the Navy (see 2nd pic below) when it originally came out in the Spring but never posted the image. I didn’t care for the fit at that time for some reason. But I love the Black version this Fall. I also think the cut might be a little curvier and not so straight. I also need a new LBD. This one is perfect. Purchase
Silk Tonal Paisley Dress
– I am such a sucker for Shift dresses (because they leave room for the food-baby). This one is gorgeous and feels wonderful on. I have on a 6 and it’s perfect. It has a paisley pattern on it so it’s not just a basic Navy Shift. MamaBella was with me when I tried it on and she loved it on me too! Wishlisted
Merino Tippi Sweater in Foulard Dot
– I didn’t give this sweater a second look when it came out with the new arrivals but after it went on promo and there was 30% I ordered the Navy Ivory colorway in a Medium. Now, IRL, I’m not so sure I made the right choice on color. I like that the Sweet Guava Black is tipped. Purchased
but may exchange.
Silk Keyhole Top in Foulard
– Foulard seems to be invading my closet lately. I ordered this as well in a size 8. Not a fan of the halter neckline nor the boxy shape. This would look pretty as a Pencil Skirt. Return
High Line Watercolor Map Tee
– What a wonderful way to capture one of my favorites spots in NYC. Had the weather cooperated I would have grabbed a book and sat on a bench for hours enjoying this beautiful Park in the Sky. This tee is sold out but there are a few other items
still available. I am eyeing the men’s sweatshirt
Have you tried any of these items yet? Get anything from the High Line section?